Wednesday, July 31, 2013

87 Monte Carlo update 7/31/13

After a car sits for so long (2 years in this case) you tend to find a lot of things that need fixing. After solving my starter problem in my previous post, I ordered new plugs, wires, battery, and did an oil change. On my way home from work with the car I noticed that the temp gauge kept climbing by the time I got home it was on the curve of overheating. I planned to take the car to Pittsburgh the following day so I quickly searched for a solution. I had it narrowed down to either the fan clutch or the thermostat. I che odd the thermostat first and to my surprise it had no thermostat at all. After a quick run to the parts store and back it was in. I took my trip to Pittsburgh and I nervously watched the gauge the whole trip. It never claimed over 200.

More updates to come!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment